Well just wanted to let those know that are following our blog...that we are now out of the adoption race for Taiwan. We have withdrawn our application and other information from our agency, Commonwealth...after several issues arose that were just unexcusable and inhibited our ability to adopt.
As many of you know Bill and I were trying to adopt an infant girl from Taiwan...and supposedly got pretty close (according to various sources). Well, changes in the orphanage rules as well as the fact that Commonwealth was denied Hague Accreditation and other issues with the agency, led us to this decision...and to tell you the truth, I'm quite relieved...I slept better lastnight, Bill's relaxed more...it's a good thing.
So, we are now pursuing a private domestic adoption. From now on we will bring you updates on that but will not reveal the name of our agency or attorney....sorry, but we just can't risk anymore now, especially after losing several thousand dollars from our past agency for pulling out of an adoption that probably wasn't going to happen anyway with them...**sigh**
Sorry if I sound sarcastic, but we just spent months working with them and now to have this happen...it's very disheartening....and sad. But, tomorrow's a new day right?? Upbeat Gina, Upbeat....
Anyway, we'll continue to put updates on here so please check back as often as you'd like!
Take care and blessings,
Gina & Bill
Tuesday, July 29, 2008
Goodbye Taiwan...Hello USA!
Posted by Bill, Gina & Jilliann at 6:23 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







14 comments:
So sorry to hear you had a bad experience with your agency. Hope the new one is much better. :) Good luck with domestic. It's exciting! It went so fast for us. I hope your process is a smooth one.
Hi Gina,
Sorry to see you leave the Taiwan program but am happy for you that this stressful period of uncertainty is over for you both. My best wishes to you in your pursuit of a local adoption. Please keep us posted with your progress.
Heather in Canada
Gina,
Good for you!! I'm so sorry this adoption road has been so bumpy for you, but I just know that God has a plan for you. I will absolutely continue to follow along with you guys and I do wish you all the best.
Be blessed,
Courtney
Hi Gina,
I'm sorry you have had such a difficult time with your adoption journey and with your agency. Best wishes as you pursue other options. I pray God will bless your family and that one day soon, I will check your blog and you will have news that your family is growing.
Blessings,
Cindy
http://adopttaiwan.wordpress.com
I am very sorry to hear about the problems you have had regarding your agency and the Taiwan adoption. I am keeping you and your husband in my prayers as you begin your new journey.
Best wishes and Take Care.
Linda
I am so sorry to hear that it came to this, but I am thrilled to hear that you have decide to adopt domestically. Maybe you are not releasing this information yet, but do you have a child identified yet or will you be awaiting a referral?
One of my best friends is preparing to start a domestic adoption....Good luck!!!
Thanks everyone for the wonderful support, prayers and just over-all good wishes.
I can say that at this time, we MAY be doing a surrogate. There is a girlfriend of ours that has offered to carry for us...and at this time it looks about 99% promising. I don't want to get my hopes up or anything, but I will keep everyone posted on how this unfolds!
Thanks again everyone...
Gina
Wow, that's exciting to think about! I will look forward to your updates. :)
Gina, how come you pulled out of Taiwan when your sources were saying that you were getting pretty close. Were you originally quoted a much shorter wait time for a referral. I know adoption can be very frustrating, hang in there.
Kelly
Well, we pulled out because of several factors...many of which have centered around communication (or lack there of on their part), lying about various things and much more. The topper was not gaining Hague Accreditation...and not being able to achieve it even with an appeal. Also, the email that I got from COA (Hague Accrediting Organization) about their reasons for denial.
But, we're out now...and feel so much better!!
Thanks for following our blog!
Gina
Best of luck on your journey- may you learn from the bumps, and consider them blessings when you finally know your daughter or son!
Tisra
adopting from Taiwan, waiting for referral
Oh Gina, I am sorry it has come to having such a horrible experience with them. I am hoping you find your happiness and your child with domestic. WE at first had to go to domestic, then foster, then vietnam, then Taiwan before we found where we belonged. Hang in there!
Sarah k
Taiwankiddo2.blogspot.com
Glad to hear you're hanging in there. For us CW was one of 7 agencies / countries we worked on. 7 countries, 7 agenies, 3 years. Lucky #7 our little girl came home 2 months ago. Couldn't be happier and "now" it all makes sense. Hang in there... you will find your daughter!
I hate that you had to go through such heartache and lose so much money, but you WILL have the child God has for you. When you see that precious baby, you will know he/she was the one made for you both.
Thanks for everything! You have been wonderful! :)
Post a Comment