BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS �

Watch Jilliann Grow!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, January 23, 2009

No baby yet

Well let's see, it's been a bit since I posted anything on here...mainly because there's been really nothing to report...until recently.

Well, we've been having problems with our surrogate getting pregnant....so she had a procedure done today to find out why she's not having periods. Come to find out the estrogen in her body isn't getting to her uterus, so she's got a really thin uterus. The doctor loaded her full of estrogen and put her on some more hormones to try and get her uterine wall to thicken and start having periods. He then told me that this is a last ditch effort to get her periods going and that if this doesn't work then there's nothing that can be done...so....I'm not real happy right now. It's not her fault, she's trying...it's just...I'm burned out I guess...12 years of trying is enough.

Bill on the other hand still wants to adopt (yet we have no leads, prospects or "situations" that are available out there for us)...and I'm not willing to keep trying until I'm 50. It's putting a strain on our marriage in that respect....he wants to keep trying and I'm the one backing off now...guess he should have thought of that when I was wanting to adopt or keep trying something years ago.

I do have one request of family and friends reading this.... quit sending me "I'll pray for you's" and pick me up letters. Quit asking me about the adoption and the whole baby thing....I'm tired of talking about it and I'm beginning to feel like I sound like a broken record.

You know what I've had some family say to me recently????...."OMG Gina, if I were you and at your age with no kids, I'd be living it up!" What a friggin' heartless thing to say...I know they mean well, but it's a something only people with KIDS say to those of us without...and I'd just rather they didn't say anything. In other words, if you don't have something nice to say then shut the hell up!

If I seem bitter...it's because I am....sorry.

Oh, and our insurance claims to get our money back for our failed international adoption with Commonwealth Adoptions...I finally got our official denial yesterday.....

This week has sucked............................................................
Gina

2 comments:

Julie said...

All I can say is I know how you feel. Though not totally as I do have one bio child and one adopted. We got pregnant with our bio child like boom--right away! A total surprise. Well we tried for a second right away. Many years and IVFs and everything else in between later, we still had never gotten pregnant again. I was plenty bitter. ANd then I'd feel very guilty because I did have a child--something that many other couples would give their right arm for. So why was I complaining?

Well I still wanted more kids. (Still do actually). I thought adoption was not a possibility. THen my BFF told me she was adopting and so was her cousin and anyways, long story short, we hooked up with Journeys of the Heart and within a year, we had a baby. Well, she was actually 15 months old. But my dream of a daughter came true.

Now I still want more. But with the unbelievable cost, I know there is no way for it to happen. My eggs are aging out, so there really is no hope of a bio miracle. (Docs never did figure out why we couldn't get pg again.) ANd we owe inlaws like 15K. And can barely make our house payments as it is.

Going back to the comments well meaning people say, how about the one when they tell you to just relax? You're thinking about it too much? Or when they tell you that you can one of their kids. I think I hate that one the most.

Anyways, I do hope that you are blessed with a baby somehow. I hope your surrogate gets the stronger lining she needs.

Missy said...

Even better is when they make you feel guilty because you want a child. You should be HAPPY you have your freedom. Kids aren't all they're cracked up to be...that's what I've been hearing lately and it is starting to tick me off! My prayers are with you that people leave you alone! :)